Do I have rheumatoid arthritis or osteoarthritis ? I am a woman of 65 years and the last few months I have been experiencing pain , stiffness and swelling from the base of my skull to the toes . I have a slight headache and stiff neck .

  • 1 Answer
  • Dra. Doctuo

    There are specific forward for early diagnosis and for definitive diagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis including symptoms, physical findings and laboratory guidelines. Moreover, there are guidelines for the diagnosis of osteoarthritis. The specialist is a rheumatologist , but family physician or internal medicine specialist or even a geriatric physician, osteopath and doctor can make a diagnosis and referred to a specialist may be indicated or give appropriate treatment depending on the nature of your arthritis .

    Legal Notice